By default, when you create a new field, it is positioned at the far right hand side of the document library.
To move new fields from that default position:
- Browse to the front page of your SharePoint site.
- Click Site contents on the left hand pane.
- Click the document library or list using the field you want to move. In this example, we want to move our new task field Completed, so we click the Tasks document library.
- Click the Settings cog in the top right of the window, then select Library settings.
- Scroll down to the Columns section, then click Column ordering.
- This displays a list of the current columns and allows you to re-arrange their ordering using the dropdowns:
Thanks for your feedback.