Now that we have our new customer represented in SharePortals, we need to create an opportunity, which represents the sales prospect which arose from the customer call.
As in the previous step, we can automatically associate this opportunity with our new customer by creating it as a related item.
- From our list of Accounts, we click on the new company.
- Under Related Items, we click the Add button next to Opportunities, and select “Add from new Opportunities*.
- This displays a form to create the new opportunity:
- We fill out the relevant details for the new opportunity. It is currently at the Qualified stage, and this is reflected by choosing the appropriate option from the Stage dropdown.
- We assign the opportunity to our own account: