Now that we’ve added details of the new customer company to SharePortals, we would like to add the details of the person at the company who contacted us. We can do this several ways in SharePortals, but in this example the simplest would be to add the new contact to the new account directly by creating it as a related item. This not only creates our new contact, but automatically links them with the account we just created.
- We click on the green Add Contact button:
A new page appears allowing us to enter information about the new Contact. Required fields have asterisks next to them.
- We enter some initial information:
- We now have a choice of three options. We can Save, Save and Create New, or Cancel.
- Save will save the new Contact record with our entered information, and take us back to our list of Contact.
- Save and Create New will save the new Contact record, and then immediately allow us to create another with a new Contact form. This option is useful if you wish to create many new records in one session.
- Finally, Cancel will return us to our list of Contacts without saving the currently-entered form information.
- We click Save and are returned to our list of Contacts, with our new Contact entry showing as successfully added.