Records are the individual items that make up your SharePortals environment, such as accounts, people, orders, opportunities etc.
To create a new record, first select the record type from the dropdown list at the top of the SharePortals page.
In this example, we will add a new Account record:
- We first select the Accounts dropdown from the list:
- We click on the green Add Account button:
A new page appears allowing us to enter information about the new Account. Required fields have asterisks next to them.
- We enter some initial company information:
- We now have a choice of three options. We can Save, Save and Create New, or Cancel.
- Save will save the new Account record with our entered information, and take us back to our list of Accounts.
- Save and Create New will save the new Account record, and then immediately allow us to create another with a new Account form. This option is useful if you wish to create many new records in one session.
- Finally, Cancel will return us to our list of Accounts without saving the currently-entered form information.
- We click Save and are returned to our list of Accounts, with our new Account entry showing as successfully added: