If many users in your organisation will be using the app, you can optionally add direct app launcher to your Office 365 app launcher portal located at https://portal.office.com. This will avoid the need to load the SharePoint site to then launch your app:
- Sign in to the admin center as a Global Administrator, go to Settings > Org Settings:
- Choose the Organization profile tab. On the Organization profile tab, choose Custom app launcher tiles:
- Select Add a custom tile.
- Enter a Tile name for the new tile, e.g. Betasoft SharePortals. The name will appear in the tile.
- Enter the SharePortals URL for the tile. Use HTTPS in the URL. Navigate to the SharePortals app, copy the full URL, and paste it here.
- Enter an URL of the image for the tile, e.g. https://shareportals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/128-OWA-1.png. The image appears on the My apps page and app launcher.
- Enter a Description for the tile. You see this when you select the tile on the My apps page and select App details.
- Here is an example of typical settings for the tile:
- Select Save changes to create the custom tile.