When working with SharePortals, you may find you need to add new fields to its record types.
For example, your organisation may wish to capture and store the date that a Task has been actioned.
- First, navigate to the Site contents of the SharePoint site you are using SharePortals with:
- Click Site Settings.
- Click Site columns under Web Designer Galleries.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for the new column. Here, we give it the name Actioned.
- We can now define what type of information our new column will hold. Our Actioned column will store the date the task was actioned, so click on Date and Time.
- We can either store our new column information in an existing group, or create our own group for it.
- Click the New group: radio button and enter a name for your new site column group.
- There are also additional column settings that can be configured, such as whether the column requires a value, whether the values must be unique, default values and similar options.
- Once you have configured your new column the way you want it, click OK.
Thanks for your feedback.